KS3 and Year 10
KS3 and Year 10 pupils take part in the whole school activity, ‘What’s my Job?’ in the Spring term.
The summer term has a careers focus for the whole Centre. KS3 and Year 10 pupils complete work on careers in Form time delivered by their form teachers. These lessons are more reflective, encouraging pupils to think of their own strengths, skills and hobbies. The pupils have opportunities to find out about a range of careers and qualifications and what career might suit them. They will also be introduced to the Career Companion website (a bespoke careers website for Cherry Tree).
These topics include;
- First steps to careers
- Skills and qualities
- The working world
- Jobs and qualifications
- Employment and labour market
- Gender stereotypes in the workplace
- Children at work
Throughout year 11 there is a focus on careers and next steps in the Look to the Future sessions on Wed afternoons. The different activities organised for year 11 are;
- The right career for me
- Why pursue a STEM career
- Writing a CV workshop
- Meetings with Connexions PA
- Help from careers advisor to complete college application
- College visits
- Workplace visits
- Visits from alternative providers to discuss apprenticeships
- Visits from college representatives
- Interview techniques and preparation
- Travel training
- Revision techniques
- Applying to University and looking at post 18 pathways
- Planning a revision timetable
- Revision and preparation for MOCKs
- Rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
- Budgeting Activity
- ‘What’s my job?’ afternoon.
- Revision and preparation for MOCKs and final exams.
- Help from Careers advisor to complete college application
- How Trade Unions Work
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- University visit
- Preparation and revision for GCSE exams